Weeknight Churros

May 2, 2012



I saw this recipe on the Pillsbury website and I knew I had to try it.  Why?  Because it's food on a stick. And who doesn't love food on a stick?  I told Bryn we really need to do a whole week of food on a stick.  She was in ... look for that in the coming months.

Back to churros.  The other reason I wanted to try this is because as much as churros always sound good, usually, they aren't so good.  To be honest, I don't know if I have ever had a churro that I loved.  Yet, I still always get suckered into buying one in the hopes that they will live up to my expectations.  Usually, it is just another $1 down the drain. 

These were different though.  They aren't a true churro, really.  It's crescent rolls covered in butter and cinnamon sugar.  But they were crazy easy and really good.  The kids really enjoyed them.  #2 had a little bit of trouble eating them as you kind of have to eat them corn on the cob style.  But once she figured it out, she was all in! 

So grab a can of crescent rolls and some sucker sticks (you can get these at Michaels or even walmart in the cake decorating section).  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Layout the crescent rolls flat.  Pick up one and starting at the top of the stick, wrap the crescent roll around the stick - making sure you twist the dough as you go around the stick.  They should come out looking like this:


I highly recommend covering your pan in foil.  Butter and cinnamon sugar tend to make a hot mess on pans.  Just a suggestion.

Next melt some butter in the microwave and then brush all sides of the churro with the butter. 

Now, sprinkle churros with cinnamon sugar.  I recommend heavy on the sprinkling. 



Bake for about 4 minutes, then turn over and back for 4 to 5 more.  They should come out looking something like this:



I also highly recommend doctoring these up with a little bit of chocolate sauce, like so ...



Yum!  Super easy, can even be made on a school night!

Hallie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Try One ... 2012. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.