Smoothie and Smoothie Pop

Jun 22, 2012



When "The Princess" was teething she ate very very little. I could usually get her to snack on Cheerios or crackers, but meals were awful. I'd get stressed which would stress her out and meals would end without much getting accomplished.

After the first couple of teeth came in I started making her smoothies instead of expecting her to chew. The main ingredient is bananas which are calorie and vitamin dense (and also helpful with the interesting teething diaper disasters). She loves chocolate so I always add Ovaltine which tastes great and also adds some extra vitamins.

Over the years we've added peanut butter, yogurt, strained berry purees, avacado, honey, applesauce, etc. She has a favorite combination of ingredients which uses bananas, yogurt, Ovaltine, and milk. This is our go to when we need a quick meal on the go. I'll add a peanut butter and honey sandwich to eat along with it and she's a very happy kid.

When I have left over smoothie, I pour it into Popsicle molds and give them to her when she wants a dessert but I feel that she hasn't enough fruits that day. 


Smoothie:
Ripe banana
I tube Simply Gogurt
2 tbsp Ovaltine
Milk as needed to thin




She loves them and I love giving them to her.

Bryn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Try One ... 2012. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.