2 Ingredient Cake: Pie Filling

Jul 11, 2012

This one has been all over Pinterest ... a box of angel food cake and a can of pie filling. 

Simple, right?

Simple ... but weird, right?

I couldn't imagine how pie filling would be in any way liquid enough to make a good cake.  And I thought it would be way to heavy to make a light cake like angel food.  So, try it, I must!

Here are your ingredients:


Mix them up lightly in a large mixing bowl:


Apparently, it does get cake mix like.

Put it into your pan.  I used this new pan I got on clearance after Easter to make mini cakes.  Because we all know mini is better!  Make sure not to fill any more than half way.  These rise like crazy!



Bake per your package directions and remove from oven and allow to cool.



Now, I ran into a problem.  Getting them out of this crazy pan.  I smooshed the heck out of them. 



Yeah, not a pretty sight.  But they tasted good. 

What to do, what to do, what to do ...



Hmm, strawberries, whipped cream and chocolate make everything better, right?

Delicious and easy!

Hallie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Try One ... 2012. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.