Chocolate Covered Pretzel and Peanut Butter Bites

Jul 23, 2012

Am I the only one that craves something sweet after dinner? 

Doesn't really matter how full I am, I still need chocolate. 

I am sure it is a mental condition, but it is not one that I am really willing to fix, so I continually search the pantry at about 8:00 to find something to satisfy my craving. 

The problem with this strategy is that my daytime self knows that my nighttime self will be ravaging the pantry and that it is a bad habit.  So, daytime self, the one who does the grocery shopping, doesn't buy a lot of sweet stuff, protecting night time self from over indulging.

Night time self is not fond of day time self. 

One particular evening, when nothing was found in the pantry, I decided I had to make something.  I remmeber a pin on pinterest that looked easy and quick, so I hopped on the computer and found the recipe. 

The recipe came from Stephanie's Kitchen and I didn't change it at all. 

Here is what you need:



Pretty simple ingredients.  That I always have around.  Since these ingredients can be used for so many different things ... day time self buys them without thinking she is doing any harm :)  Little does she know what night time self can come up with when challenged.

Combine peanut butter and butter and mix well until smooth.


Add the sugars and mix again.

The dough should look roughly like this and should be tacky and roll until balls easily.  If it doesn't, add a little more of each of the sugars until it rolls easily.

At this point, roll all the dough into small balls, using a teaspoon as your measuring guide.  You really dont' want to go big on the peanut butter here, it is very rich.  Roll all the balls first, then sandwhich each ball between two pretzels.






 Leave the pretzels in the freeezer for roughly a half hour.  Once the pretzels are ready, prepare the chocolate.  I used dark chocolate chips.  You can use whatever you think tastes best.  I melted them in the microwave, the double boiler and I are not friends.



Dip about half the pretzel into the chocolate.  Let the excess drip off.  Place back on tray - I covered the tray with foil so there would be much less mess and less sticking.

These were seriously delicious and were gone very very quickly.  I stored them in the refigerator so we didn't have a melty mess in the pantry. 

Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
makes about 50 sandwiches

1 cup of peanut butter
2 Tbsp softened butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
Pretzels
1 bag chocolate chips

Hallie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Try One ... 2012. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.