Salmon Patties

Jul 30, 2012


We need to start this recipe off by very clearly stating that you want the salmon in the little packages - like the kind that tuna comes in.  Because if you buy the can, well, it is like a great big hunk of slimy salmon with skin still on it in there.  Emphasis on slimy.  It was seriously gross and I was very close to loosing my lunch when I opened it.  I took pictures that I was planning on posting, but it was so gross, I just couldn't do that to you.

So please, please, just take my advice and buy the little packets!

Now that we have that out of the way, let's move on to the recipe, shall we?

I looked at about a hundred recipes and then sort of combined them all and came up with my own. 
Salmon Patties

1 TBS chopped fine green onions
1 stalk celery, finely diced
3 packets canned salmon
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon Light Miracle Whip
1 3/4 cups Panko
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp EVOO for frying
 
The instructions here are pretty simple. 
 
Mix all ingredients in bowl (except the oil).
 
 


Form patties.  I got 5 good size patties.



This is probably the most important step.  Put them into the refrigerator and allow to rest for 30 minutes.  This will help them to hold together when cooking.  Mine still fell apart a bit, but not too bad. 

Heat the oil in a saute pan over medium heat.  Add patties. 



Cook aprox. 3 to 4 minutes.  Until they get nice and golden brown.  Flip.



You can see I had trouble with one of the patties sticking together. 



Overall though, they came out good.  And tasted fantastic.  I couldn't get the kids to try them, but I knew that going in.  The hubby and I really loved them and will add them to the dinner rotation!

Hallie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Try One ... 2012. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.