FFF: Jillian Michael's 30 day shred

Jul 27, 2012


I enjoy workout DVDs for a change to my routine and maybe to target a certain body part.

Hip hop or belly-dance routines may be fun, but I certainly never assume that I'm getting a real workout. "The Princess" likes to do them with me just for fun.

The strength or toning DVDs are great, but I don't break a sweat. I really wanted a good DVD that would provide an awesome fast paced workout along with some strength training.

I went old-school and tried Billy Blanks' Tae Bo again, but I never really felt like my muscles got any sort of work out. Plus, his biker shorts are a bit too revealing for my needs, and don't get me started on the sweat stains that forms in that area.

Despite positive reviews for  Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred I didn't have great expectations.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

The DVD is broken into 3 levels by intensity and each level is 20 minutes long. Jillian's approach is a 3-2-1 Interval method which focuses on strength, cardio, and abs. I started with level 1 and was sweating by the end. That really surprised me because I assumed I would need at least level 2 to raise my heart rate. Levels 2and 3 are more intense, but doable. When I was first trying to lose my remaining baby weight, I alternated between each level daily.

The movements transition at a steady pace and there aren't breaks which was great. In order to expect results in 20 minutes a day, there isn't time to rest!

Jillian gives great explanations of the movements and shows proper form as well as easier modified versions.

My favorite thing about Jillian is her no bs approach to working out. I can imagine her rolling her eyes and reminding me that it's only 20 minutes, so get off your butt and move. Her body is seriously ridiculous so it's great motivation.

I don't use it everyday anymore, but I go back to it when I feel I need a change in my workout. If you want a DVD that you can actually count as a workout, this is the one. I definitely saw a difference after using Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred, and if you put in the effort and really commit to the movements, you will too.

Bryn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Try One ... 2012. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.