Homemade Granola Bars

Aug 23, 2012




I cannot believe that it has taken me so long to blog about these delicious creatures. 

This is yet another food obsession I have that could likely use it's own 12 step program. 

The kids really like these, but I LOVE them. 

I really can't get enough of them. 

I have been hiding them from the kids so that I don't have to share. 

I have at least one every single day. 

Sometimes two. 

They are very filling. 

And very delicious! 

And not too bad for you either!  

Chocolate Chip and Craisan Granola Bars
Adapted from weelicious

4 cups old fashioned oats
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup craisans
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup honey



Yeah, I know, it looks like a lot of ingredients.  I hate that too - but, it is so worth it and I bet you have all the ingredients in your pantry.  Well, except maybe the mini chocolate chips, because Wal-Mart is always always always out of them.  But, I bet you have everything else!



This is a pretty simple, all the dry ingredients in the pool type recipe.



Stir everything up well.  Make sure those craisans are sticking together.



All the wet ingredients in the pool.  Whisk well.  Really well.



Pour the wet on top of the dry.  Mix well.  Really well.  Like so well that your arm aches when you are done.  All the oats need to be wet.


Spread on a jelly roll pan.  Anyone know why it is called a jelly roll pan??? 

Bake for aprox. 30 minutes - you don't want to over bake these - you wont' be able to cut them and they will be crumbly and more like granola, than granola bars. 



Hallie

1 comment:

  1. This is on the agenda for today. And, a jelly roll pan is just that, for making jelly rolls. :). Though, do you know anyone that actually uses them for making jelly rolls? I bought two to make chocolate rolls when I was first married. They are a tradition in Kevin's family. Rolling any kind of cake is a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete

Blog contents © Try One ... 2012. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.