Sweet Potato Biscuits

Aug 22, 2012



Since school started, it seems my Internet searches can be boiled down to two things ... school lunches and after school snacks.  I have been looking for different things, I get so sick of packing the same old stuff every week, I am sure #1 gets sick of it too!  I found this recipe for sweet potato biscuits on the Weelicious site and it looked interesting.  Plus, I had never made homemade biscuits before (and these were going to be packed with vitamin A), so I decided to give it a shot. 

Sweet Potato Biscuits

2 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, chilled and cubed
1 cup sweet potatoes, cooked & mashed (I used the microwave)
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons honey

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine Flour, Baking Powder and Soda and Salt in a food processor.  Pulse a few times to combine.  Now add butter and continue to pulse until butter is evenly distributed and mixture is crumbly.

Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse till fully combined.  Should look roughly like this:


Dump out your dough onto parchment paper.  My dough was extremely sticky.  I added a bit more flour to make it more tacky than sticky.


Knead a few times, just to make sure everything is combined then shape into a circle.  Every recipe for biscuits I looked at said be sure not to over knead ... so don't over knead!!  Place another sheet of parchment on top and roll out dough.  You want this about 1/2" thick. 


The girls were helping with this snack, so they chose to make heart shaped biscuits.



Place cut out biscuits on a parchment lined backing sheet - spray parchment lightly with cooking spray to prevent sticking.


Bake for aprox. 15 minutes. 

Don't these look yummy?



We gobbled them all up!  I got 18 small biscuits and they were gone in about 2 days!

Enjoy!

Hallie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Try One ... 2012. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.