Roasted Broccoli

Jun 6, 2012

So here's a little known fact ... I don't really like vegetables.  Yes, I eat them ... but for the most part, I don't really like them.

I'm good with carrots, cucumbers, and peppers.  Everything else I could really leave behind.  Especialy if they are cooked.  Bleck.  Serve a side dished of steamed broccoli with dinner ... no thank you.  There are so few cooked veggies that I like, I could count them on one finger.  Yes, one.

Any guesses??

If you said Peas, you win 3,000 points.  (Please remember, the points are made up and don't matter)

But several weeks ago, I discovered roasting.

Seriously, who has been keeping this a secret?  Why had I never heard of this before?  I am a total convert now.  All I want to eat is veggies!  I don't care what it is, roasting will make it taste good.

And here's the bonus ... it is sooo easy!!

One disclaimer to the easy ... the vegetable must be completely dry.  Completely. 

Use your salad spinner (do people own these things?).  Or wash the vegetable of choice early in the day and then it will be dry by the time you need to cook it.

Back to roasting ...

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.

Take your head of broccoli and cut into large florettes. 

Place on a foil lined pan.

Drizzle with olive oil and kosher salt.  (I used aprox. 1 Tablespoon of oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt) Stir it all up. 

Slice a clove of garlic and mix that into the pan.



Place in oven to roast for aprox 20 to 25 minutes.  About half way through, I shake up the pan and flip some of them over to get them to cook evenly.



Voila ... delicious veggies that everyone will eat!  It almost gets crunchy, it is so good, I can't really describe it.

Go to your kitchen and make this now!

I have also tried this with cauliflower and brussel sprouts.  They both came out fabulous!

Hallie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Try One ... 2012. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.